Wednesday, April 20, 2016

[wp] You have invented mind control. Write about some of the positive ways it might be used. by PatriarchalTaxi

The first thing I did when I invented mind control? The answer won't surprise you. My first machine was simple, a used cranial stimulator I bought at auction from a bankrupt medical wholesaler. It came with an odd lot of science stuff including a used air extractor and a bunch of other goodies. I fiddled around with it and after getting some donor parts our of an old gameboy I had my mind control machine. I called it X-1. X-1 worked sporadically and only when my human subject was wearing the device. It looked like a oolander with a chin strap and lots of cables coming out the holes. Not what you'd call fashion-friendly. I tried asking my wife to wear it but have you ever tried getting your wife to wear what looks like a cross between a kitchen accident and a cable monster on her head? I didn't try too hard, that's for sure.

Then it hit me.
\
I put it on myself and ran a simple program I'd complied just for X-1.

10 BUILD A BETTER MIND CONTROL MACHINE
20 GOTO 10 RUN

It's amazing what a super RISC language can do when married to a brain. Speaking of brains, mine is in a jar somewhere. You're listening to a sidelined backup. The last I heard from myself, I was very big and very far away while at the same time being very small and very close. As if I was everywhere in fact.

Sometime/place, at the core of what I still thought of as X-1 (but had as much in common with my kitchen collander as an amoeba with a sperm whale) letters made of fire spelled out words the size of galaxies.

RUNTIME ERROR, (A)BORT? (R)ETRY? (F)AIL?

As a sidelined brain, I strained to choose but before I could I heard a voice and it was not my own.

LET THERE BE LIGHT.

Gropius in 12 lines times 4 words

 Art Teaching Futile, Schools Fail Artists Must Engage Workshops Construction Over Mere Drawing Trade Learning Enhances Skills Bauhaus Progr...