Thursday, May 23, 2019

Suspects

"Why are you here?"
"I had to come."
"After so long?"
"I didn't want to but since I'm here, I thought I'd look you up."
"I wish you didn't"
"You're right, I should go."
"Wait, since you've come we might try and have a talk."
"Thank you."
"So, how have you been?"
"Good, and you?"
"You don't know?"
"I wish we'd done this sooner."
"Maybe this was a mistake."
"No, please, let's just sit here across from each other for a while."
"Alright."
"I wanted to tell you I'm doing well and I wanted to be sure you are too."
"Still the same old same-old. What about what I wanted?"
"You wanted to be left alone."
"You're damn right."
"So we're strangers with familiar faces?"
"And?"
"I suspect that's all. What do you think?"
"I'm happy with how things are."
"I'm glad you say so. I don't think we'll admit anything else, you're right, we're too strange."
"I didn't say that."
"You didn't, I guess it doesn't have to be said."
"Well, I've got to be running."
"For what it's worth coming from me, I'm proud of you and wish you every success."
"Thanks."
"I just wanted you to know that, I suppose."
"It's not true, what I said about being happy, but I am content, lots of satisfaction."
"You look happy."
"So do you."
"See you."
"Yes, sure."

THE END

Gropius in 12 lines times 4 words

 Art Teaching Futile, Schools Fail Artists Must Engage Workshops Construction Over Mere Drawing Trade Learning Enhances Skills Bauhaus Progr...